How to Protect Your 7.3 Power Stroke
If you are not using a Ford/Donaldson AIS severe duty intake system on your 7.3 Power Stroke, you risk severe damage to your engine.
Even very small particles of dust entering your turbo can cause severe damage, not only to the turbo but to the engine iteself.
Clean, unrestricted air is vital to the performance of a diesel engine.
Nobody understands this better than those who operate their diesel equipment in the harshest environments. U.S. Military, earth moving, and agricultural applications rely on state-of-the-art technology to deliver optimal performance.
The Motorcraft 7.3L AIS (Air Intake System) Extended Life Filter Kit is more efficient than conventional air filters, providing similar performance of a heavy duty truck air filter.
In fact, the AIS Extended Life air intake filter kit has the same filter media technology used in the M1 Abrams tank.
Protect your 7.3 Power Stroke with a Ford/Donaldson AIS severe duty intake system conversion Kit (includes FA1757 air filter).
"This is the complete AIS kit by Donaldson, approved by Ford. The kit has everything in it, including the FA1757 air filter and instructions. Everything down to the nuts and screws."
Motorcraft / Donaldson AIS air filter compared to typical washable / reusable filters:
- AIS has 5 times the amount of dust holding capacity (longer filter life)
- AIS has 17 times the media area (more protective media in less space)
- AIS is 400 times more efficient at capturing harmful abrasive dust and contamination.
"The BEST filter setup for the 7.3L PSD is the MotorCraft Severe Duty filter kit FA-1759. It uses a Donaldson Powercore filter media and has 1300 gram dirt capacity.
This is a closed element setup so water ingestion is not an issue as it can be with open element filters."
Motorcraft FA1759 Air Intake Filter System
The Ford/Donaldson FA1759 is a complete kit, which contains everything needed to upgrade your air filter system, including a new air box, filter minder, battery tray, and your initial Powercore air filter, which depending on conditions can last for 50,000 miles.
- Designed and approved by Ford Motor Company.
- Easily Installs within 30-45 minutes.
- Fits any 1999-2003 F250-550 or Excursion with a 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel Engine. (Note: Owners of vehicles built prior to December 7, 1998 [early 1999 MY], with fender air intake systems, can use this system, but should get or make a clean air hose connection.)
Better Protection & Longer Air Filter Life
- The 7.3L AIS Extended Life Air Filter Kit enables you to operate your truck in the most severe conditions for much longer than a conventional air filter.
- The Motorcraft AIS air filter kit has more than 16x the media surface area compared to washable air filters, and more than 3x the media surface area compared to conventional air filters.
- This added surface area means there are more places for the dirt and dust to settle – enabling you to go longer between filter changes.