Starting Procedure – After Extended Shutdown or Oil Change
Complete the following steps after each oil change, or after the engine has been shut off for more than 30 days to make sure the engine receives the correct oil flow through the lubricating oil system:
- Disconnect the electrical wire from the fuel pump solenoid valve.
- Rotate the crankshaft, using the starting motor, until oil pressure appears on the gauge, or the warning light goes out.
- Connect the electrical wire to the fuel pump solenoid valve.
- Start the engine; refer to Normal Starting Procedures in this section.
- Refer to Fuel System – Bleeding, for instructions to vent the fuel system.